Monday, March 31, 2014

Vasquez Rocks and Wine Tasting!

Yesterday I went painting at Vasquez Rocks with several members from my Landscape Painting club along with DreamWorks Production Designer Mike Hernandez! Mike gave an AMAZING demo, and after painting for a couple hours, we got to go wine tasting in the nearby Agua Dulce winery, which was incredibly fun!! :)  I will definitely go again- I wish I could spend all my Sundays like this!

Mike's awesome demo!! We learned so much about composition, and how to mix colors for foreground, middle ground, and background while keeping them all harmonious within the piece.



 

My painting- still new with gouache, so I'm like eh with how it came out.  I would change some graphic shapes in the piece and be bolder with my brushstrokes the next time around.

That right oddly shaped rock was bothering me so much, I had to change it in Photoshop to see how it would look otherwise.  I think it looks a little better?

No comments:

Post a Comment