Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Break in Guatemala

Hi there! I know it's been a while since I posted, but that's because I spent spring break in Guatemala for a service project with other students from USC! I can't even begin to explain how amazing the trip was, and I am so grateful I received this opportunity to travel with such an amazing team to work at a local school called San Rafael School in Retalhuleu to teach kids English and rebuild parts of the school.  In just one week, I was able to meet and bond with so many cool people on my team and learn something from each of them through late night talks and reflections. I have always LOVED working with kids, and being with these kids at the school was nothing short of inspiring and incredibly fulfilling. We went there to inspire them, but I'm pretty sure they inspired us in more ways than they could imagine. The openness and friendless of all the kids was so encouraging, and it really made me realize that in such a short amount of time, you can truly make an impact on people not just through words, but through your actions, love and passion.

I tried to do some sketches everyday, and although it got busy during the week working at the school because we were teaching and doing manual labor at the same time, it got a little hard but I managed to fit some stuff in!

GUAT LOVE FOREVER!!! These kids will always be in my heart and I hope one day, I can go visit them again.

The boat ride heading over to Lake Atitlan was absolutely ethereal.  THe lake is BEAUTIFUL!!






Julio and I!!









Our first hotel in Antiga.  I thought was really pretty.


Wang, one of the members from my group had a lot of fun posing.


captain of the boat to Island of Santiago!!








No comments:

Post a Comment