Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Random sketches up to date!

For the past few months, I have been soooo inspired by Pascal Campion and how he does a sketch a day no matter what. To keep something up like that is so incredible and is something I hope to do one day.  In all his sketches, it is so clear that he is inspired by everyday things- simple, beautiful moments with his family, nature, landscapes, just anything.  After reading an article about him explaining how he looks at a scene and tries to mentally record the colors and composition in his head to draw it later, I have been trying to do that myself.  The more I observe everyday, the more I notice little objects or scenarios that really inspire me, and I have been trying to remember the memories they instigate or the emotions they create in me. I'm hoping that by keeping this up, I can slowly get better at composition, color, and lighting! 

The sketches below is what I have so far  :)

San Luis Obispo! My friends and I went on a hiking trip that took us over the ocean... I thought the yellow grass and misty blue ocean was such a beautiful contrast.

Inspired by El Matador Beach! 

On a trip to Sequoia National Park.  We woke up early to watch the sunrise, and boy was it beauutiful.

At Bricks and Scones- she reminded me of my cousin :p

Catalina Island! I went on a hike by myself and had sketched a quick thumbnail hoping to turn it into a sketch..which i I totally forgot about until two days ago,. but here it is now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment