Thursday, October 17, 2013

Jurassic Park Film Studies

I'm going to start doing film studies every week, just 10-15 panels ish.  I haven't done them in a while, and when no one makes me I get lazy.  Watched some clips from Jurassic Park, the parts with the intense T- Rex and velociraptor scenes and sketched panels about 3 min each! I learned that it is so important to always keep the rule of thirds rule in your head and analyze the position of objects according to that.  On the next ones I do, I'm really going to try to break up characters and background into even more simpler graphic shapes so I can understand shape language better and how it frames the main characters of the still.

Bottom Right: Friend and amazing storyboard artist/ caricaturist Ian Abando helped break down my panel into even more simpler shapes. It's amazing how with fewer lines, his reads better than mine. 


Right side: Ian again demonstrated how I could further make the composition simpler in terms of shapes and lighting! So cool.

Andd people sketches from last night.  Don't like them much at all, but I liked the brush I was using :p It really lets me get that painterly fast brush look I love.









No comments:

Post a Comment