Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Some Sketches from China

Hello all!

Sorry for the lack of posting for these past few weeks! I have recently come back from an amazing trip from China with my family, where we visited Hong Kong, Kunming, and Hangzhou.  We saw and learned about some fascinating cultural gems about each city, including visiting some renowned sites such as the Jade Dragon Snow Mountains in Lijiang and Yellow Mountains in Hangzhou!

I tried to paint and draw as much as I could, although the first half was hard because we were part of a tour, so I could barely find time.  I'll post some digital sketches I did for now, and my paintings/ drawings up later ( because I don't like them!)

Pictures from my trip to be posted soon!!

Sketched a bar while waiting at LAX to go to Hong Kong! Still practicing digital life studies, this one took about an hour.  don't really like.  
30 minute sketch of my mom sleeping literally 30 minutes before we landed in HK!
sketch of our first hotel room in Kunming! 
A memory sketch from a street in Old Town in Lijiang, Kunming.  I did a gouache painting, but I hated it, so I painted over it digitally. 
45 minute digital sketch of the yellow mountains! 

45 minute digital sketch of Yellow Mountains! Had an originally painting too, but hated it as well :p so I painted over it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment